the INTERNATIONAL meeting

Garth I. Patterson patterson at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 24 05:49:28 EST 1995

Adriana La Volpe's point about expense for non-Americans to attend the
worm meeting is well taken.  I had estimated about $600 for airfare from
Europe, becuse that is what I often see advertised in the paper, but of
course, that is
a low discount fare, and travel to Madison is more expensive.  I
whole-heartedly agree with the idea of having the worm meeting in places
other than North America on a rotating basis.  If the meeting was in
Europe every 3 or four years, Dr. La Volpe's students would at least have
one opportunity to go, as opposed to never having the opportunity to go.
Those of us from the USA who found the airfare to Europe too expensive
could skip the meeting in those years.

Garth Patterson