annual or biannual?

Richard Feichtinger feichtin at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Mar 28 11:20:33 EST 1995

One more European remark:

Travel costs to Chicago O'Hare are (with New York JFK) the cheapest we
can
get from Europe. The Van Gelder Bus from O'Hare to Madison Memorial
Union
is very convenient. Obviously, a international meeting outside the US
would
be much more expensive considering the sum of all participants. The
only
thing which would make it cheaper and easier is a time outside summer
season (e.g. Germany - Chicago is DM 700 now and DM 1,000 in June).

I would eventually stick to the biannual form but make it at least one
day
longer (We need to come for one week for cheape air fares anyway). All
talks should be in the morning or early afternoon. Poster sessions
should
start in the mid afternoon and be continued open end after dinner (in
parallel to social events). This would stimulate discussion and take
some
pressure of the meeting.

Richard Feichtinger
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biochemie