postdoctoral position

Michael Nonet nonetm at THALAMUS.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Mar 29 14:23:17 EST 1995

Postdoctoral position

        I have an opening for a postdoctoral fellow interested in the
process of synaptogenesis in C. elegans.  My laboratory is taking a
molecular genetic approach to dissecting the process of synaptic terminal
development.  In the past year the lab has developed tools for visualizing
presynaptic terminals in live C. elegans animals using a synaptic vesicle
targeted VAMP-GFP fusion.  We are presently identifying mutants which have
defects in a number of processes including axonal outgrowth, vesicular
trafficking and synaptogenesis in direct visual screens for mutants which
alter VAMP-GFP fluorescence patterns.  We are searching for individuals to
continue this effort and with the goal of developing a molecular level
understanding of the role of genes involved in terminal development.
Interested individuals may contact me by email or send a curriculum vitae,
and three letters of reference to

Michael Nonet
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology,
Washington University School of Medicine,
Campus Box 8108,
660 S. Euclid Ave.,
St. Louis, MO  63110