Use of HTML for WBG

LJAC at VMS.CIS.PITT.EDU LJAC at VMS.CIS.PITT.EDU
Wed Sep 13 08:35:42 EST 1995

Leon:

I very strongly suggest that if you are going to use HTML, you somehow convey
to potential users that there are things that can be done to make HTML
documents more readable and to improve over-the-net performance. I suggest
providing a pointer to the Yale WWW Style Manual at
http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/StyleManual_Top.HTML

Among other things, this is the best discussion I have seen about how to
improve real and perceived performance by interlacing GIF graphics and using
the "Height" and "Width" parameters in image tags.

Lew Jacobson