responding to posts

Garth Patterson patterson at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 26 07:15:57 EST 1995

In article <199509252114.OAA26558 at socrates.ucsf.EDU>, zipkin at CGL.UCSF.EDU wrote:

> Could we please not include the entire text of an annoying ad when flaming
> the sender of that ad on the newsgroup? Thanks.

Let's go a step further!  Could we please not flame the sender of an ad on the
newsgroup.  It's bad enough that the ad clutters up our mailboxes--the
complaints don't improve the situation.  This is a moderated newsgroup, so
if you don't like an ad, you can complain to the moderator, and I believe he
simply removes it.

I think we can take it as given that noone wants ads on the newsgroup, and
posting to the newsgroup to express that opinion is icicles to eskimos.