(no subject)

WCWM Meeting Organizers aardvark at dauerdigs.biosci.missouri.edu
Wed Apr 17 16:37:11 EST 1996

Dear Colleague,

We are now accepting registration forms and abstracts for the 1996 West
Coast Worm Meeting (July 25-28 in Vancouver, BC)!  Please read the
following information carefully.  We encourage you to register early,
and send your abstracts in as soon as possible.  Please print out and
post this message for the benefit of others in your department who may
not be on our electronic mailing list, and visit our web site to get
started (http://genekit.medgen.ubc.ca/wcwm.html).  All the information
you need can be found there.

Registration and Accommodation

The deadline for early registration is May 31, 1996, with registration
fees of $150 Cdn before that date and $175 Cdn after.  The fee includes
all workshops and abstract books, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, all coffee
breaks, the opening reception and the salmon barbeque.  Accommodation
fees begin at $33 Cdn per night, for a single room with shared washroom.
On-line and fax registration require payment by credit card.  Credit
cards or checks are accepted for registration by mail.  Checks must be
issued in Canadian dollars, and drawn on a Canadian bank (go to your
bank and ask them to issue a check in Canadian funds, which they can do
via their association with a Canadian bank).  Institutional checks are
accepted provided simply that they are in Canadian dollars.  There is no
provision for institutional purchase orders.

You may register for the meeting on-line through a web browser (such as
Netscape or Mosaic), by mail or by fax.  Electronic registration is best
accomplished by visiting either the West Coast Worm Meeting web site
(http://genekit.medgen.ubc.ca/wcwm.html) or Leon Avery's Worm Meetings
site (http://eatworms.swmed.edu/Worm_meetings.html).  You'll find a lot
of information and links to the UBC Conference Services meeting
registration site.

Registering by mail or fax requires a copy of the registration form.  We
have posted binhex 4.0-encoded and native format copies of the form on
an anonymous ftp site (ftp.zoology.ubc.ca in the directory pub/moerman),
in both MS Word for Mac 5.1 format and Word for Windows 2 format.  If
you get the binhexed version, you'll have to run it through a binhex
decoder (widely available on Macs, and a PC version is available free by
anonymous ftp from boombox.micro.umn.edu in the directory pub/binhex).
You can also get the binhexed files simply by clicking on the
appropriate file while visiting the Meeting web site with your browser.
Your web browser may automatically decode the files, but then it may
not. You'll have to see.

Abstract Submission

The deadline for abstract submission if May 31, 1996.  Abstracts must be
submitted in hard-copy form so we can put together an abstract book.
Formatting and mailing instructions are simple, and are posted on the
Meeting web site and our ftp site (the file is called "wcwmabs.txt").
If you can't get to them by either of those methods, send email to Mark
Edgley at aardvark at dauerdigs.biosci.missouri.edu and we'll send you an
email copy.

Abstracts should also be submitted electronically through Leon Avery's
slick web system.  We will make all the electronically-received
abstracts available by ftp before the meeting.  You can connect to the
abstract submission engine through the West Coast Worm Meeting site or
Leon's Worm Meeting site (addresses above).

Remember: please register and send in your abstracts EARLY.  We look
forward to seeing you in sunny Vancouver!

Meeting Organizers:

Mark Edgley	aardvark at dauerdigs.biosci.missouri.edu
Don Moerman	moerman at zoology.ubc.ca
Ann Rose		arose at genekit.medgen.ubc.ca