Repeats

Richard Kenyon r.g.w.kenyon at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 6 04:05:02 EST 1996

Hi,

can anyone out there provide me with some basic statistics, or better a
place where i can find them out for myself to save you the time.

I am interested in the percentage of the worms genome which is comprised
of genes as compared with repeats, i.e. micro-satellite, etc, anything
that is not a repeat would also be of interest.

Can anyone also furnish me with a decent definition of what a repeat unit
is and whether repeats are 100% faithful or are there errors in these
repeated units.

I hope you understand what i mean. I have tried acedb to find out some of
this, but have not succeeded in any way.

Thanks in advance
richard