postdoctoral position

Edward Kipreos ekipreos at cb.uga.edu
Thu Dec 5 13:00:54 EST 1996

A postdoctoral position is available in our laboratory to study cell cycle
regulation in the context of C. elegans development.  We are currently
focusing our attention on the function of the negative cell cycle
regulators lin-23 and cul-1 as well as the other five C. elegans cul-1
related genes (cullins) (see Cell 85, pp 829-839).  Both lin-23 and cul-1
are required for cell cycle exit (i.e., transitions from the G1 to G0 cell
cycle stages).  Both genes are implicated in the ubiquitin-mediated
degradation of cell cycle regulators in the G1 phase, which is a largely
unexplored research area.  Current projects include: identification of
genes interacting with cul-1 and lin-23 using both genetic and biochemical
approaches, and reverse genetic analysis of the other C. elegans cullin
genes.  More details available upon request.

We are looking for an individual with a strong interest in the cell cycle,
preferably with C. elegans experience.  Research and salary support is
available, but applicants will be expected to apply for extramural funding.
Please send C.V. and the names of three references to:

Edward T. Kipreos
Department of Cellular Biology
The University of Georgia
724 Biological Sciences Building