RT-PCR Control

michael goodson mlgood00 at mik.uky.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:42:26 EST 1996

I am going to start doing some RT-PCR (reverse transcrition coupled with
polymerase chain reaction).  I am trying to decided on an mRNA message
that I can use as an internal control.  The ideal candidate would be a
message that meets the following criteria. . .

   1.  Known cDNA sequence.
   2.  Ubiquitously expressed during all stages of development.
   3.  Expressed at moderate to low levels.

I found RNA Polymerase II, but I am afraid that its levels may be too
high to use.  I am looking for a message which could be expressed at low
levels during only a couple of stages of development.

If anyone knows of a suitable message to use, please let me know (either
by e-mail, preferred, or by reply posting to this group).

Thanks,
Michael

         Michael Goodson              |   Department of Biochemistry
      Phone: (606) 257-7349           |     University of Kentucky
       Fax: (606) 323-1037            |          800 Rose St.
   E-mail: goodson at pop.uky.edu        |    Lexington, KY 40536-0084