Protocol for C.elegans

Norio Suzuki nosuzuki at
Sun Feb 18 05:55:47 EST 1996

In article <2D109415.10C8 at> mihara at PCLSP2.KUICR.KYOTO-U.AC.JP (mihara) writes:

   Dose anybody tell me some good protocol or guide book
   deal with such kind of topics?

There is a short course for studying C.elegans in this summer at
National Institute of Genetics (Mishima, Japan). You can find an
announcement at WWW site of C.elegans community Japan (URL is and in the latest newsletter,
KAIHOU, from The Molecular Biology Society of Japan (No.53 p.30).

You can also get many  protocols on books and WWW.

	Caenorhabditis elegans Modern Biological Analysis of an Organism
	Edited by H.F.Epstein and D.C.Shakes
	Academic press
	ISBN: 0-12-564149-4(Hardcover) or 0-12-240545-5(Paperback)

	and Method part of C.elegans book

	The Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans
	Edited by W.B.Wood and the community of c.elegans Researchers
	Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory

Dr.Ambros and lab. member are collecting C.elegans and Molecular
Biology protocols at

   I cannot imagen that my pritty E.coli will be eaten by
   C.elegans!  (by Bacteriologist) :-)

I always feel worms look very happy when they moved to a new E.coli
full plate.
Norio Suzuki
The Graduate University for Advanced Studies
School of Life Science, Department of Genetics
(National Institute of Genetics)
E-mail: nosuzuki at