RNA injections

Martin Srayko masrayko at ACS.UCALGARY.CA
Mon Jan 29 18:12:43 EST 1996

I am having difficulty getting rescue of a mei-2
(maternal-effect lethal) mutation by traditional DNA
injections and would like to inject RNA instead. Presumably,
the expression of this gene from transgenic arrays is too low.

I have narrowed down mei-2's position to three cosmids and
am wondering if there is an established protocol in the worm
field for retrieving RNA after hybridizing to fixed DNA
(my three cosmids) that is suitable for injection.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Srayko