(no subject)

Eddy Jakobovits eddyjake at sciweb.com
Fri Jul 19 14:02:44 EST 1996

Dr. Peter Kolodziej wrote:

> A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Department of
> Cell Biology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.  Areas of
> investigation include the netrin signalling pathway, neuronal
> morphogenesis and axon guidance, and tumor progression (Neuron (1995)
> 15: 273-286).  Both Drosophila genetics and biochemical assays in
> vertebrates will be used to study gene function.  Qualified candidates
> should possess either an M.D. or Ph.D., have no more than two years
> postgraduate experience, and have a strong graduate training in
> genetics, biochemistry, or molecular biology.  Please send your c.v. and
> three letters of reference to:  Dr. Peter Kolodziej, 802 Light Hall,
> Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232-0295.
> T:615/343-7298.  F.615/343-4726.
> E-mail:  peter.kolodziej at mcmail.vanderbilt.edu  EOE.
>
> The attached image shows the expression pattern of frazzled (red), a
> netrin receptor, on embryonic CNS axons (green),        and CNS axon defects
> observed in a frazzled null mutant.  Netrins are expressed by midline
> cells.

>  [Image]

Just a note to let you know that SciWeb, a new web site at:
http://sciweb.com will list post doc announcements on the site to the
Life Science community - announcements go up for free.

We also list technician openings for free and faculty
positions for $50/posting. We keep the ad up for two months unless
requested otherwise.

If you are interested, just write to: eddyjake at sciweb.com and send the
text of the post and the contact information. We will get it up within a
day for you.

SciWeb is a central repository of information and communication services
to the life science industry. SciWeb offers free access to useful
databases, employment listings, web directories, public discussion
groups and data services aiding the life sciences, the pharmaceutical,
medical diagnostics and the biotechnology industries. SciWeb provides
services for the design of web sites for interested groups and offers
low cost computer hosting facilities for secure web sites.

For more info, reach us at eddyjake at sciweb.com.

Dr. Edward B. Jakobovits, Ph.D.