Technician opening, Brandeis University

piali at volen.ccs.brandeis.edu piali at volen.ccs.brandeis.edu
Sun Jul 21 17:24:09 EST 1996

Research Assistant position available

	A position is available for a Research Assistant in my lab in the Department
of Biology at Brandeis University.  Our primary research interest is the
development and function of the chemosensory nervous system of C.
elegans.  We are looking for someone to carry out an independent research
project and to occasionally assist lab members with their experiments.
Additional job responsibilities will include maintaining worm strains,
ordering supplies and supervising work/study students.  The applicant
should have a BS/MS degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in
molecular biology and/or genetics.  The applicant should be motivated, have
good organizational skills, an ability to work well with people and a lively
interest in biological questions.  Flexibility in working hours is desirable
although not essential.  Familiarity with Macintosh computer systems is also
a plus.

	Brandeis University offers excellent benefits.  The department is small,
friendly and interactive.  The lab also maintains interactions with other worm
researchers in the area.  The campus is located in Waltham, approximately 10
miles west of Cambridge and Boston.  Salary will be commensurate with
experience.

	Please send CV and three letters of reference to:

Piali Sengupta
Department of Biology
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02254