Nematode DNA extraction method

Andrew Harrison Andrew.Harrison at ncl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 03:41:58 EST 1996

	I am currently following a procedure to extract
nematodes from whole soil samples with the aim of assessing the
species diversity in different soil types using molecular
biolological techniques. To this end I am needing to extract the
DNA from the samples in order to PCR the 18S ribosomal gene.
Although I am not specifically interested in C. elegans but rather
the whole soil population, could anyone help me out and send me
a protocol for DNA isolation and purification oor lead me in the
direction of a handy paper? Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance................................Andy Harrison