help with a biochemistry lab

M Thompson mthompson at
Thu Jun 13 15:34:26 EST 1996

Egg white lysozyme is a good experiment. Raw product is found in the
grocery store. Simple homogenization, isoelectric precipitation, ion
exchange chromatography, lyophilization and characterization. Substrate is
a strain of bacteria. Then just measure activity on a spectrophotometer.
Great experiment.