Need Worm H2A (fwd)

Glenn E. White gwhite at ASHLAND.EDU
Wed May 29 14:05:38 EST 1996

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see this in my mailbox today and
I'm starting to get a little anxious about this.

Glenn

Howdy to all:

I'm in a bit of a jam here.  I need some purified histone H2A protein to
use as a reference for some densitometry I'm doing on worms.  So far,
neither Sigma nor Fluka sell purified H2A.

The rest of my catalogs (fisher, VWR, Pharmacia, BRL, etc) do not have
histones at all, and I don't have access to any additional catalogs since
I'm out here near the near the end of the world.

I bought some purified H2A a few years back, at another institution, but
cannot remember the supplier.  It has to be purified as there are too
many low molecular weight proteins down there to be messing around with
trying to identify who is who.

Calf thymus is the most common source and it will co-migrate with the
nematode H2A.

If someone can give me the name, product number, and phone number of a
supplier, I would be MOST appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn