Faculty Positions, UT Southwestern

Leon Avery leon at EATWORMS.SWMED.EDU
Sun Sep 22 08:56:08 EST 1996

The newly formed Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology at UT
Southwestern Medical Center plans to recruit several assistant
professors in the coming year.  A copy of our advertisement is below.
We are interested in worm people, and worm people ought to be
interested in us.  These are exceptionally good positions for anyone
whose primary goal is research.

I will be glad to give my honest opinions of UTSW to any worm person
who wants to discreetly sound the waters before diving in.  A brief
preview:

(1) UT Southwestern is an excellent school that is very rapidly becoming
    better.

(2) You probably have some preconceptions about Dallas and Texas.
    Unless you've actually lived here, those preconceptions are almost
    certainly wrong.

--
Leon Avery                                       (214) 648-2420 (office)
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology              -2768 (lab)
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center           -8856 (fax)
5323 Harry Hines Blvd                            leon at eatworms.swmed.edu
Dallas, TX  75235-9038                  http://eatworms.swmed.edu/~leon/

		Faculty Positions in Molecular Biology
	     The University of Texas Southwestern Medical
		Hamon Center for Basic Cancer Research

The Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology and the Hamon Center
for Basic Cancer Research at the University of Texas Southwestern
Medical Center invites applications for tenure track faculty
positions.  Preference will be given to candidates at the assistant
professor level, although all levels will be considered.

We are seeking individuals who will interact effectively with existing
faculty and will participate in one of several graduate programs.
Individuals working in the areas of cell cycle regulation, signal
transduction, vertebrate development, and transcriptional regulation
are particularly encouraged to apply.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae containing a brief summary
of past research accomplishments, a statement of future objectives,
and three letters of reference to:

			      Eric Olson
			       Director
	      Hamon Center for Basic Research in Cancer
      University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
			5323 Harry Hines Blvd
		       Dallas, Texas 75235-9148

		    An Equal Opportunity Employer