Hoffmann Source

Tritech Research Tritech_Research at lamg.com
Sat Aug 9 06:21:55 EST 1997

raroian at UCSD.EDU,Internet writes:
We are setting up an undergraduate lab course and demo'd Hoffmann optics
for early embryo lineaging.  It worked fine but given student lab
budgets we want to keep costs down.  Does anyone know of a direct source
for getting Hoffman optics (as opposed to buying it through a dealer who
put their marketup on it).  Thanks for any advice.

Raffi
---------
This would be good for me to know, too.  At the request of several labs, I am
trying to put together a scope / micromanipulator package to go along with
our microINJECTOR that costs about $10,000.  So far that seems to mean
substituting Hoffmann for Nomarski, on a Leica inverted scope.  If we can get
the Hoffmann stuff cheaper, then we could include stuff to view GFP and still
be in that budget area.

In general, how do people who have tried feel about Hoffmann optics instead
of DIC?
Andy Papp
tritech_research at LAMG.COM
New street address and phone number:
Tritech Research
2961 Veteran Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 446-4460
Fax: Currently, you have to call before faxing.