Eppendorf 5170

Ralf Baumeister bmeister at lmb.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 26 04:53:16 EST 1997

We are using the Eppendorf 5171, which is almost identical. I consider
this the best microinjection device I have ever used.
You don't need the gimmicks (programming etc.) which are available for
this machine.
I would recommend using it with the Eppendorf 5242 microinjection device to
liquid flow in the needle (powered by air pressure).

Ralf Baumeister

At 04:19 25.08.97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm setting up a microinjection system here, and have come across an
>Eppendorf 5170 micromanipulator sitting boxed on a shelf. Does anyone have
>any experience with such a machine? Should I stick with a simpler manual
>device? Any advice would be welcome.
>Jonathan EWBANK
>Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy
>Case 906-13288 Marseille Cedex 9
>e-mail: ewbank at ciml.univ-mrs.fr

             Ralf Baumeister, PhD
              LMB / Genzentrum