M. Herman Lab Technician

Michael Herman mherman at ksu.edu
Tue Feb 4 18:37:26 EST 1997

Research Assistant position available

A position is available for a Research Assistant in my lab in the Division
of Biology at Kansas State University.  We are analyzing genes involved in
the control of cell polarity during C. elegans development.  I am looking
for someone to carry out an independent research project involving either
the isolation and genetic analysis of mutations that affect cell polarity,
or the molecular cloning and analysis of identified genes.  The project to
be carried out will depend, in part, upon the experience and interests of
the applicant.  Additional job responsibilities will include maintaining
nematode and molecular stock collections, ordering supplies and overseeing
day-to-day laboratory needs.  The applicant should have a bachelor's or
master's degree in Biology or a related science and a minimum 1-2 years
experience in genetics or molecular biology.  Salary will be commensurate
with experience and includes benefits.  The applicant should be motivated,
have good organizational skills and be able to work independently.

The KSU Division of Biology is composed of 43 full-time faculty, 60-80
graduate students, approximately 450 undergraduate majors and more than 200
post-docs, research assistants, administrative assistants, and secretarial
and maintenance personnel.  Kansas State University is located in the city
of Manhattan, a pleasant community of approximately 50,000 residents 125
miles west of Kansas City in the rolling Flint Hills of north central
Kansas.  Local recreational opportunities include a rich program in the
performing arts, a large lake/park system, and the 8,600 acre Konza Prairie
Research Natural Area, a tallgrass prairie reserve that is jointly managed
by the Division of Biology, that contains several miles of hiking trails as
well as about 200 bison!

Please send a CV and Three letters of reference to:

Michael A. Herman, Ph.D.
Division of Biology
Kansas State University
Ackert Hall