Positions available in Munich

Ralf Baumeister bmeister at lmb.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Jan 31 10:32:12 EST 1997

Our lab is undergoing a major expansion:

As a result, several positions

postdoctoral positions and graduate student positions

are available at the Gene Center of the University of Munich, Germany,
to study the function of (human) disease related neural genes in C.elegans.

We are currently looking for scientists who have C.elegans
experience or are molecular biologists/geneticists with a strong background in
developmental biology and/or neurobiology.

The Gene Center is located in close proximity to the Max-Planck-Institutes of
Biochemistry and Psychiatry, the GSF Institute of Clinical and Molecular
Biology /Tumor
Genetics, and the University Hospital Grosshadern. We are part of the
Technology Park
Munich, which was recently awarded substantial complementary fundings in the
BIOREGIO contest
as one of three Model Regions for Biotechnology in Germany.
This area also hosts several biotech companies (45 % of invested venture
capital in Germany).

The positions are initially available for three years.
We suggest that postdocs should also apply for external funding.

Please send inquiries and applications, including CV and the names of two
referees to:

             Ralf Baumeister, PhD
              LMB / Genzentrum
            Feodor-Lynen-Str. 25