usefulness of the genome sequencing

Alain Bernot bernot at sansgene.genethon.fr
Tue Jun 3 12:24:56 EST 1997

thank you to all people who have responded to my question concerning the
usefulness of C. elegans genome sequencing.

for those who are interested in this theme, I give here the references I got
(in fact, I thought I get a huge number of references, but I got only 4 : all
these megabases are maybe not so useful ...) :

Cell, Vol. 83, 207-218
Divergent Seven Transmembrane Receptors Are Candidate Chemosensory
Receptors In C. Elegans
E. R. Troemel, J. H. Chou, N. D. Dwyer, H. A. Colbert, and C. I. Bargmann 1

Hart, et. al., Nature 378:82 1995

C. elegans cell survival gene ced-9
encodes a functional homolog of the
mammalian proto-oncogene bcl-2.
Hengartner MO;Horvitz HR
 Cell 76: 665-676  1994

The C. elegans cell death gene ced-3
encodes a protein similar to
mammalian interleukin-1B-converting
enzyme.
Yuan J;Shaham S;Ledoux S;Ellis HM;Horvitz HR
 Cell 75: 641-652  1993

 Alain Bernot				|	Phone : +33-1-69-47-25-50     |
 Genethon				|       Fax   : +33-1-60-77-86-98     |
 Human Genome Research Center		|       e-mail: bernot at genethon.fr    |
 1, Rue de l'Internationale BP 60	|       http://www.genethon.fr        |
 91002 Evry, France       		|                                     |