Job openings at NemaPharm

Michael Basson michael_basson at sequana.com
Thu Jun 12 17:52:11 EST 1997

NemaPharm, Inc. uses C. elegans to identify new targets for human drug
discovery.  We use technologies that combine the rapid isolation and
phenotypic analysis of individual gene knockouts together with high-throughput
compound screening to identify genetically validated targets for the treatment
of human diseases. NemaPharm is a subsidiary of Sequana Therapeutics, Inc., a
major genomics company.  Sequana provides NemaPharm with computational biology
and molecular bioengineering support, allowing us to focus on our strengths in
functional genomics and screening in a dynamic, small group setting.  Our
laboratories are located in University Park at MIT, in the heart of the
outstanding academic, high tech, and cultural environment of Cambridge and
Boston, Massachusetts.  Additional information about NemaPharm can be found at
<http://www.nemapharm.com>.

NemaPharm forged the first functional genomics collaboration using model
organisms in the industry, in partnership with Glaxo Wellcome.  We are
expanding our efforts in a number of conserved disease-related pathways and
seek talented individuals with excellent scientific, communication, and
teamwork skills.

Nematode Biology: Scientists and Research Associates

Individuals from all levels, BS through PhD, are encouraged to apply.
Experience in various aspects of C. elegans biology required, such as genetic
screens, genetic analysis, phenotypic analysis, microinjection, and the study
of gene expression using reporter genes, in situ hybridization, or antibodies.

Molecular Biology: Research Associates

BS with 3 years of experience or MS.  Experience in conventional recombinant
DNA techniques required, including plasmid construction, PCR, hybridization,
and library screening.

Please send your C.V, a list of references and a cover letter indicating the
position of most interest to:

Runica Smith
NemaPharm, Inc.
26 Landsdowne St., Suite 470