tech position open

David Hirsh hirshda at CUDEPT.CIS.COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Mar 3 10:58:37 EST 1997

Technician position is open in the Hirsh Laboratory at Columbia
University, College of Physicians and Surgeons.  We are searching for
a technician to join our laboratory to assist in molecular genetics
experiments with C. elegans.  Experience is desired in handling C.
elegans, doing crosses and performing molecular biological
experiments including gene cloning, nucleic acid preparations, PCR,
northern and southern blotting.  Knowledge of genetics, basic
biochemistry and molecular biology is essential.  People with
additional experience in laboratory management will be given
preferential consideration.  A BA or BS degree is required.
Competitive salary and generous benefits are available.  Send CV and
letters of recommendation to David Hirsh, Dept of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, 630 West 168th St., New
York, NY 10032; or, contact via E-mail.