PhD Studentship in Filarial Genomics

Mark Blaxter mark.blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 10:43:32 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues

we have available a possible PhD position to work with the Edinburgh
Filarial Genome Lab on aspects of gene organisation and expression in the
filarial nematode Brugia malayi.

Our involvement in the genome project can be reviewed at
http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/mbx/blaxter/edinburghgenome.html

The project is now moving into an analysis of the genome structure of these
important parasites. The studentship project area will focus on
investigating gene expression regulation and gene order on the Brugia
chromosome, and relating this to the model nematode Caenorhabditis elegans.
The Edinburgh lab is well funded and fully set up for Brugia genome
analysis (see
http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/mbx/blaxter/blaxlab.html for the lab's other
interests).

The studentship will be awarded competitively within our institute to the
best student (the institute has four studentships available).
Unfortunately, as the studentships come from UK Research Councils, only UK
residents and citizens are eligible.

Please contact me (Mark.Blaxter at ed.ac.uk) for more information as soon as
is possible, and preferably before March 30th.

Mark Blaxter

Dr. Mark Blaxter   email  Mark.Blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology
Ashworth Laboratories, King's Buildings
University of Edinburgh,  West Mains Road
EDINBURGH  EH9 3JT,  United Kingdom
phone: (+44) 131 650 6760  Fax :...650 5450
see  http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/mbx/fgn/blaxter/blaxlab.html