In search of X-linked cosmids....

Jason Lieb jdlieb at mendel.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 27 17:14:02 EST 1997

   I'm interested in finding X-linked cosmids that, when injected, cause a
Dpy phenotype. The ultimate goal is to find a minimal sequence that will
support the binding of dosage compnesation factors to X. Any cosmid that
is capable of binding such factors may cause a dosage compensation defect,
leading to a DPY phenotype.
   If anyone has experienced an X-linked cosmid that causes a DPY or
hermaphrodite-lethal phenotype when injected, I would greatly appreciate
any information (or even strains!) that you might be willing to share.

Thanks
Jason Lieb
jdlieb at mendel.berkeley.edu
(510) 643-5583