Conditional L1 Arrest?

Dave Pilgrm dave_pilgrim at
Mon Nov 3 11:24:04 EST 1997

In article <63fc6o$hq0 at>, JOHN THADEN <JJTHADEN at LIFE.UAMS.EDU>

If the arrest itself is important, why not just hatch N2 in the absence of
food? They will arrest at L1 until you feed them.

> I'm looking for a C. elegans strain that arrests at L1
> under some restrictive condition e.g. temperature, but
> is healthy wild-type under the permissive condition.
> If not L1 arrest, then I'd settle for L2 lethal.
> Any suggestions?
> John Thaden, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock AR

Dave Pilgrim                 | 'Worms Rule'
Dept of Biological Sciences  |    'OK'
University of Alberta        |
Edmonton, AB Canada          | dave_pilgrim at