Acedb 4.5 INSTALL on Mac running mkLinux

newsmgr at newsmgr at
Wed Nov 26 21:42:53 EST 1997

Subject: Acedb 4.5 INSTALL on Mac running mkLinux
From: eisenman at (David M. Eisenmann)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:03:37 -0500

I am a C. elegans researcher, and I recently got Linux (mklinux) up and
running on my PowerMac 8600/300 because I didn't want to have to continue
to rely on the generous kindness of strangers to port Acedb 4.5 to the Mac
someday.  Linux runs fine, I got everything for a new Acedb installation,
but I get the following message after typing "source INSTALL".

bash: syntax error near unexpected token 'switch ("$<")'
bash: ./INSTALL: line 48: 'switch("$<")'

Can some kind soul who may understand this let me know what it means and
how to get around it so I can install acedb 4.5?  Thanks very much.

Dave Eisenmann
UMBC - Biological Sciences
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250