plate pourers

newsmgr at merrimack.edu newsmgr at merrimack.edu
Thu Oct 16 08:39:33 EST 1997

Newsgroups: bionet.celegans
Subject: plate pourers
From: eisenman at umbc.edu (David M. Eisenmann)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:54:18 -0400

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a plate-pourer, and having never used one (we were
spoiled at Stanford) I was wondering what brands/types people would
recommend or not recommend.  It seems there are several brands out there to
choose from;

Tritech PourBoy II
Sepco machine
Wheaton Omni-pour
Cole-Palmer machine (still made)
Barnant Varistaltic
Jencons Perimatic
New Brunswick DP200
Mandel Scientific machine (recommended by Dave Baillie the last time this
came up)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dave
--------------

David M. Eisenmann
Dept. of Biological Sciences
University of Maryland Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
phone: (410)455-2256
fax:       (410)455-3875

****Moderator's Note:  Because this posting may prompt replies from
commercial suppliers, let me remind readers of the BIOSCI Commercial Use
Policy (excerpted below) to which moderators must adhere.  W.R. Morgan****