plate pourers

newsmgr at newsmgr at
Thu Oct 16 08:39:33 EST 1997

Newsgroups: bionet.celegans
Subject: plate pourers
From: eisenman at (David M. Eisenmann)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:54:18 -0400

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a plate-pourer, and having never used one (we were
spoiled at Stanford) I was wondering what brands/types people would
recommend or not recommend.  It seems there are several brands out there to
choose from;

Tritech PourBoy II
Sepco machine
Wheaton Omni-pour
Cole-Palmer machine (still made)
Barnant Varistaltic
Jencons Perimatic
New Brunswick DP200
Mandel Scientific machine (recommended by Dave Baillie the last time this
came up)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

David M. Eisenmann
Dept. of Biological Sciences
University of Maryland Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
phone: (410)455-2256
fax:       (410)455-3875

****Moderator's Note:  Because this posting may prompt replies from
commercial suppliers, let me remind readers of the BIOSCI Commercial Use
Policy (excerpted below) to which moderators must adhere.  W.R. Morgan****