plate pourers

Thomas Burglin burglin at ubaclu.unibas.ch
Thu Oct 16 15:49:51 EST 1997

>Hi All,
>
>I'm in the market for a plate-pourer, and having never used one (we were
>spoiled at Stanford) I was wondering what brands/types people would
>recommend or not recommend.  It seems there are several brands out there to
>choose from;
>
>Tritech PourBoy II
>Sepco machine
>Wheaton Omni-pour
>Cole-Palmer machine (still made)
>Barnant Varistaltic
>Jencons Perimatic
>New Brunswick DP200
>Mandel Scientific machine (recommended by Dave Baillie the last time this
>came up)
>
>Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
>Dave
>--------------

Hi,
we use a Tecnomara (Swiss company) Tecnomat 135.
You put in empty plates in a dispenser (about 30 at a time)
, the plates are moved automatically
and agar is dispensed (with an automatic
pump unit), and the plates come out the other
end. (stacking manually, though they also sell you a stacking
machine).

Thomas

* Thomas Burglin (international character set: B=FCrglin)
* Dept. of Cell Biology,
* Biozentrum, University of Basel
* Klingelbergstrasse 70
* CH-4056 Basel
* Switzerland
* +41 61 267-2066 / +41 61 267-2067 / fax: +41 61 267-2078