isolating C. elegans from soil

Creg Darby cdarby at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 27 21:58:19 EST 1997

Re the method abstract below, I STRONGLY advise contacting the authors
first. I got hold of some colloidal silica and tried their technique,
which called for pH'ing the silica. When I did this, the silica congealed
in the bottle like agarose. I recall trying to call DuPont, which provided
the silica, and never getting a call back from the chemist I was referred
to. I didn't contact the authors of the cited paper for help because the
technique became irrelevant for my work.

Creg Darby                                     cdarby at u.washington.edu
Department of Genetics
Box 357360                                           lab: 206-543-9446
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195                                    fax: 206-543-0754

Creg Darby                                     cdarby at u.washington.edu
Department of Genetics
Box 357360                                           lab: 206-543-9446
University of Washington