transcription start point

Jim Kramer jkramer at nwu.edu
Wed Sep 10 17:32:16 EST 1997

A primer in the outron (sequence remove by trans-splicing) cannot detect the
trans-spliced RNA, since it is removed by the trans-splicing mechanism.
However, there is precursor RNA that has not been trans-spliced that can be
detected.  Detection may be difficult if the RNA you are looking at is of low
abundance.