digital cameras

Jane Hubbard jah at CUCCFA.CCC.COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Sep 19 10:17:55 EST 1997

Hello fellow wormpickers,

What is the consensus on digital acquisition of microscope images (versus
scanning "wet" 35mm camera negatives or slides)? I understand that the
technology for black and white images is quite good and that the
technology for color is improving. A few specific questions - is the
acquisition time sufficiently short to get multiple shots of live worms
(especially for color)? Is the resolution satisfactory (especially for
color)? Is the software manageable? What brand and model is your set-up? Do
you like the product? the technical support? How much was your set-up? How
do you process your images (Photoshop? other?)?  Any comments will be
appreciated - please respond directly to me and I will post a summary.

Many thanks,

Jane

E. Jane Albert Hubbard
Department of Biochemistry