Hybond formula switch

Stephen Nurrish nurrish at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 10 09:26:43 EST 1998

Ever since Amersham changed the formula of their Hybond (patent dispute,
apparently no-one now sells the old formula) our Southerns have sucked. We
switched to MSI magnagraph and the first probing gives ok Southerns.
However, if we strip according to the manufacturers protocol we can't get
the signal off. We can strip using boiling SDS but subsequent probings give
virtually no signal. Has anyone come up with a workable southern protocol
for the new Amersham Hybond or any other membrane for worm genomic
southerns? Or does anyone know of a secret stash of the old Hybond
	stephen nurrish

Kaplan Lab
361 Life Sciences Addition
UC Berkeley