alpha terthienyl

Michele Arduengo pma001 at alpha.morningside.edu
Sat Jan 31 21:39:22 EST 1998

Hi,

Does anyone know of any research regarding the effect of the natural
nematocide alpha terthienyl (found in Marigolds) on C. elegans?  All of
the
work that I have been able to discover was done with plant parasitic
nematodes, and to my knowledge no one has done any studies in C. elegans.
Our lab is working on this this compound, and I'm trying to find out what
might be known about this nematocide and its biological targets.  Some
information is available from studies on mosquito larvae, but that is all
have found so far.

I'd appreciate any leads!
Thanks,
Michele Arduengo
pma001 at alpha.morningside.edu

P. Michele Arduengo, Ph.D.      1501 Morningside Ave.
Biology Department              Sioux City, Iowa 51106
Morningside College
                                712-274-5304
                                pma001 at alpha.morningside.edu

"The role of a leader is to pose the question and to smile mischievously."
-- PKAL F21 newlsetter 1/26/98