inverted microscopes

Mike Palopoli palo at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue May 12 12:54:39 EST 1998

To the C.elegans research community:

I am looking into the purchase of an inverted microscope that will be the
main workhorse for my new laboratory.  I would like to get something that
will function effectively for microinjection and for general image capture
(brightfield, DIC, and fluorescence).  Although I have not used a system
that is set up for 4D microscopy, the flexibility to use the system in this
way would be an obvious bonus.  Do you have any recommendations?

Also, has anyone tried the new CARV module and CARVer software from Atto
Instruments Inc.  for confocal viewing and automated z-sectioning without
using a laser?
(advertised on the web at http://www.atto.com/carv/carv.htm)

Best regards,

Mike.