two extrachromosomal arrays

Cunningham, Melody K mcunni2 at
Thu Apr 15 20:53:24 EST 1999

Hi!  I'm trying to isolate a gene based on how it affects gfp expression.  I

have crossed my mutant gene (integrated) into a strain that has mec-7gfp
(extrachromosomal array).  To rescue my favorite gene, I will be crossing N2

transgenics containing cosmids within the region of my favorite gene and
looking for a change in gfp expression.  This means that I will end up with
strain that has two extrachromosomal arrays.  How do strains that contain
more than one extrachromosomal arrays behave?  Will this pose a problem for
If anyone can help, please email me at the following address:
mcunni2 at

Melody Cunningham

William R. Morgan
931 College St.
Department of Biology			Phone:  330-263-2026
The College of Wooster                  FAX:    330-263-2378
Wooster, OH  44691                      E-mail: wmorgan at