post-doc announcement

Marcel AMICHOT amichot at antibes.inra.fr
Mon Aug 16 08:53:53 EST 1999

POSTDOC ANNOUNCEMENT. A post-doctoral position is available to study the
adaptation of Caenorhabditis elegans to chemical stresses. The aim of the
project is to identify key genes involved in the response of organisms to
chemicals and the physiological function of these genes. First, after
treatments of C elegans with different chemicals, the expression profile of
the genes will be determined with the help of DNA chips. We will especially
focus our attention on 'unexpected genes' (i.e. genes not known to be
involved in chemical stress adaptation) and on cytochromes P450. Second, we
will determine the function of several genes in the adaptation to chemicals
and in the nematode physiology. It is expected from this work to enlight
response pathways to various classes of chemicals.
The lab is equipped to rear and transform C elegans and familiar with most
of the molecular biology technics. The successful candidate will work in a
group composed of 2 scientists and a technician. He/she should have a PhD
or equivalent and be experienced with C elegans and molecular biology. The
candidates should send (mail or email) a CV and names/addresses/phone
number/email addresses for 2 references to :
Dr. Marcel Amichot
SVE-INRA, BP 2078, 123 Bd. F. Meilland, 06606 ANTIBES cedex, France
amichot at antibes.inra.fr
The lab is located in Antibes (French Riviera) and is composed of 7
scientist and 5 technicians. We are interested in the adaptation of the
invertebrates to chemical stresses, in insecticide resistance and the
consequences of these phenomenoms on the populations. All of the molecular
biology and biochemistry techniques or the facilities necessary for the
project are available. The post-docs is granted for one year renewable and
can start in October, 1999 (french people cannot apply).

M. Amichot

Marcel AMICHOT
SVE-INRA
123, bd. F. Meilland ; BP 2078