Research Assistant Position available

Piali Sengupta piali at volen.ccs.brandeis.edu
Fri Aug 20 14:40:04 EST 1999

Please post the following on both the newsgroup and the announcements
section. Thanks!

Piali Sengupta

Research Assistant position available

	A position is available for a Research Assistant in our lab in the
Department of Biology at Brandeis University.  Our primary research
interest is the development and function of the chemosensory nervous system
of C. elegans. (More information about our research can be found at
http://squirrel.bio.brandeis.edu/faculty/sengupta.html.)  We are looking
for a research assistant who will be an active participant in ongoing
projects in the lab.  The applicant will also be expected to carry out an
independent research project under the direct supervision of the Principal
Investigator. Additional job responsibilities will include maintaining worm
strains, ordering supplies, supervising work/study students and general lab
chores.  The applicant should have at least a BA/BS degree and some
experience in molecular biology and/or genetics.  The applicant should be
motivated, have good organizational skills, an ability to work well with
people and a lively interest in biological questions. Flexibility in
working hours is desirable although not essential.  Familiarity with
Macintosh computer systems is also a plus.

	Brandeis University offers excellent benefits.  The department is
small, friendly and interactive.  The lab also maintains interactions with
other C. elegans researchers in the area.  The campus is located in
Waltham, approximately 10 miles west of Cambridge and Boston.  Salary will
be commensurate with experience.

	Please send CV and names of three referees to:

Piali Sengupta
Department of Biology
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02454

Phone:	781-736-2686
Fax:	781-736-3107
e-mail:	piali at volen.ccs.brandeis.edu

Brandeis is an equal opportunity employer.

Piali Sengupta
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology and
Volen Center for Complex Systems