postdoctoral position

Edward Kipreos ekipreos at cb.uga.edu
Tue Jun 8 15:06:31 EST 1999

The Kipreos lab has a postdoctoral position available. Our laboratory
studies the function of SCF ubiquitin-ligase complexes in regulating cell
cycle progression. Both genetic and proteomic approaches will be employed
to identify SCF components and substrates. We have discovered that SCF-like
ubiquitin ligase complexes are required for cell cycle exit (Kipreos et
al., Cell 85: 829), cell cycle entry, chromatin condensation, and the
regulation of endoreplication. This is a relatively unexplored area of cell
cycle research, where insights gained in C. elegans are applicable to all
animals.

We are seeking motivated candidates who have molecular biology experience
and (preferably) experience with C. elegans or another genetic system.

Our laboratory currently has four graduate students and is located in the
Department of Cellular Biology, at the University of Georgia in Athens GA,
which is a dynamic college-town.
Please send by email your CV, statement of research interests, and the
names of three references to:

Dr. Edward Kipreos
Department of Cellular Biology
University of Georgia