ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER POSITION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON

jdhardin at jd.facstaff.wisc.edu jdhardin at jd.facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 25 14:47:52 EST 1999

ASSOCIATE/SENIOR RESEARCHER POSITION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON

An Associate/Senior Researcher position is available in our laboratory at
the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  Our laboratory studies the cellular
and molecular basis of morphogenesis in C.elegans.  Please see our web site
at http://worms.zoology.wisc.edu for further details.

The main emphasis of this position is original laboratory research. The
successful candidate is expected to pursue independent research leading to
publications, and to participate in writing other scientific manuscripts
and grants.  Administrative duties are handled by other personnel.  The
position is available immediately.

Candidates  should have a Ph.D. in Genetics, Cell or Molecular Biology or
related fields with 4-5 years experience in an active research lab
performing cellular/molecular biology and/or genetic experiments.
Candidates should possess the ability to work collaboratively in a
goal-oriented team environment.  Previous C. elegans experience is
preferred but not required.  Duties will include training and supervising
undergraduates; coordinating laboratory research projects; dispensing
reagents to other worm laboratories; managing worm stocks.

Madison is the capital of Wisconsin, situated among four scenic lakes.  It
is a "cosmopolitan city with small town friendliness and big city ideas"
and was rated the 1996 Best Place to live, 1997 Top Ten City & Top Ten
Safest City.  The University of Wisconsin-Madison enjoys an international
reputation in developmental biology.

Please send a letter of interest, a current CV and three letters of
reference to:

Jeff Hardin
Dept. of Zoology
University of Wisconsin-Madison