rescue of dpys in C. briggsae

Robert Johnsen bjohnsen at
Thu Feb 17 12:55:07 EST 2000

Our lab in collaboration with Paul Sternberg's lab are developing a genetic
for C. Briggsae.  To date we have over 70 visible mutations and have
11 cby genes (C. briggsae's version of dpy).  We would like to match these
to equivalent C. elegans dpys in order to do comparison linkage mapping.  We
think that the best way to do this is by injection rescue of C. Briggsae
with C. elegans clones.  We would appreciate any help that the C. elegans
community could afford us.  Either by sending cloned DNA to us for
microinjection or by us providing you with appropriate Cby worms to test.  We
will also be happy to send anyone any relevant Cby mutants that they would

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be acknowledged appropriately.

Dr. Bob Johnsen
Research Associate
Simon Fraser University
Office: (604) 268-6590