Postdoctoral and technician positions available

Frank Slack frank.slack at yale.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:25:05 EST 2000

     Postdoctoral and Technician/Research Assistant positions available -
Yale University

 1. Postdoctoral position available

 A postdoctoral position is available in my lab at Yale University. Our
research focuses on an analysis of developmental timing, using the nematode
C. elegans as an experimental organism (for review see Slack and Ruvkun,
1997 Ann. Rev. Genet. 31:611. Also see
http://www.mcdb.yale.edu/FacultyResearch/Slack.html).
 We are part of an excellent and broad-based biology department, situated
in the cultural and academic setting of New Haven, CT. In addition, we are
situated 2 hrs from Boston and 1.5 hrs from New York City. This combination
offers postdocs a rich and exciting scientific experience. I will have
funding available for suitable candidates for at least the first year, and
will support postdocs in their efforts to obtain outside funding.
Interested candidates should please send a CV, one or two reprints of
published work/preprints of work in preparation or in press, and the names
and addresses of three people who can provide recommendations to the
address below:

 2. Technician/Research Assistant position available

  A technician/research assistant position is currently available in my
laboratory in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental
Biology, at Yale University. Our research focuses on an analysis of
developmental timing, using the nematode C. elegans as an experimental
organism (see http://www.mcdb.yale.edu/FacultyResearch/Slack.html). The
research involves a variety of different procedures including: PCR
amplification, DNA sequencing, isolation and blot analysis of RNA and DNA,
preparation of cosmid DNA, plasmid subcloning, microscopy, animal anatomy,
genetic analysis, generation of transgenic animals, cytological analysis,
immunostaining. Apart from routine operations, the successful applicant
will be actively participating in ongoing research projects in the lab. The
specific research project will depend on skills and experience of the
candidate hired. Duties also include responsibility for overseeing frozen
strain collection, and general laboratory organization. Requires B.S./B.A.
degree in applicable science field, with a strong academic record. One year
prior experience in either molecular biology or C. elegans genetics
preferred. Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills, ability to
work independently and troubleshoot are essential prerequisites.
Experienced Research Assistants as well as recent graduates who are
interested in gaining research experience, are encouraged to apply. The lab
is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual. The successful
applicant will work in a very stimulating academic and cultural environment.
 Interested persons should send their resume and the names of three
references to:

 Frank Slack, Dept of MCDB, Yale University, PO Box 208103, New Haven, CT,
06520-8103. email frank.slack at yale.edu