counting worms

Charles Baer cbaer at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 21 19:10:43 EST 2000

Ladies and Gentlemen,

My colleagues in Mike Lynch's lab have been counting worms (on 60 mm Petri
dishes) manually under a dissecting scope, which is extremely
time-consuming and labor intensive.  There are various image-analysis
systems that are purported to be able to automate such a procedure, and we
are considering purchasing such a system.  We would very much like to hear
from anyone with experience in counting worms with digital image-analysis
systems, especially those of you with recommendations (positive or negative).

Thanks very much,

-Charlie Baer
Charles F. Baer
Ecology and Evolution Program