technician position available

Meera Sundaram sundaram at mail.med.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 16 15:22:56 EST 2000

TECHNICAN POSITION AVAILABLE AT UPENN

A technician position is available in the Sundaram Lab at the University of
Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia.  We are looking for an
enthusiastic and organized person with a strong interest in science to act
as general lab manager and also assist with research projects.  Our lab
studies oncogenic signaling pathways using the C. elegans vulva as a model
system (see the lab's web page at
http://www.med.upenn.edu/genetics/faculty/primary/msundaram.html).
Responsibilities will include maintaining laboratory stocks and records and
ordering supplies, as well as active participation in ongoing research
using techniques such as microinjection of DNA to create transgenic
animals, PCR, molecular cloning, and genetic screens.  Applicants should
have a bachelors degree in Biology or a related science.  Experienced
Research Assistants as well as recent graduates who are interested in
gaining research experience are encouraged to apply.  Salary range:
$23-28K.

Interested candidates should submit a C.V. and names and contact
information of three references to Dr. Meera Sundaram, Dept. of Genetics,
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 422 Curie Boulevard,
Philadelphia PA 19104-6100. You may instead fax your information to
215-573-9411 or email it to sundaram at mail.med.upenn.edu.

*************************************
Meera Sundaram, Ph.D.
Dept. of Genetics