Research Assistant Postion Available

Michael Herman mherman at ksu.edu
Tue Jun 27 13:12:05 EST 2000

Research Assistant position available

A position is available for a Research Assistant in my lab in the
Division of Biology at Kansas State University.  We are looking for an
enthusiastic person interested in science to serve as lab manager and
assist with research projects.  We are analyzing genes involved in the
control of cell polarity during C. elegans development
(see http://www.ksu.edu/hermanlab).  Job responsibilities will include
maintaining nematode and molecular clone stock collections, ordering
supplies and overseeing day-to-day laboratory needs.  Participation in
research projects will involve PCR, molecular cloning, microinjection of
DNA to generate transgenic animals and genetic screens.  Opportunities
to carry out an independent research project exist and will depend, in
part, upon the experience and interests of the applicant.  The applicant
should have a bachelor's or master's degree in Biology or a related
science and a minimum 1-2 years experience in genetics or molecular
biology.  The applicant should be motivated, have good organizational
skills and be able to work independently.  Salary will range from
$19-24K, will be commensurate with experience and includes benefits.

Kansas State University is located in the city of Manhattan, a pleasant
community of approximately 50,000 residents 125 miles west of Kansas
City in the rolling Flint Hills of north central Kansas.  Local
recreational opportunities include programs in the performing arts, a
large lake/park system, and the 8,616 acre Konza Prairie Biological
Station, a tallgrass prairie reserve that is jointly managed by the
Division of Biology, that contains several miles of hiking trails as
well as about 200 bison!

Please send or email a CV and three letters of reference to:

Michael A. Herman, Ph.D.
Division of Biology
Kansas State University
Ackert Hall