Request for Placement letter to work on C. elegans

RAKESH PANDEY pandey66 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 06:31:05 EST 2002

E-mails: nematolcimap at rediffmail.com
          pandey66 at yahoo.com

Dr. RAKESH PANDEY               Fax: +91-522-342666
Ph.D., F.P.S.I., F.N.S.I.
Scientist - Nematology             Date: 08.08.2002
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants,
P.O. CIMAP, Lucknow -226 015, INDIA

Dear Sir,

Kindly excuse me for taking liberty to introduce
myself as Scientist- Nematology in Central Institute
of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow, India,
where a large amount of work on drug molecules against
major diseases is going on. It is one of the premier
Institutes of India where R & D work is being carried
out exclusively on medicinal and aromatic plants.

I am willing to work on Caenorhabditis elegans
especially to get in depth training using different
bioassay tests on C. elegans against drug/ plant
molecules, effect of different compounds on nematode
development etc. I have been working on plant
parasitic nematodes for the last 18 years but learning
about C. elegans will be a new experience for me and
that is why I request you to kindly provide me
placement to work on the same.

I am enclosing herewith my brief Curriculum Vitae for
your kind consideration. Since you have most advanced
facilities available there in your laboratory, I shall
obliged if a chance is offered to me to work with you.
I need a placement letter for Raman Research
Fellowship- an Indian programme for which I am
applying shortly. I would like to add here that I
shall be leave no stone unturned to give you all
satisfaction you expect from a nematologist.

Thanking you and with my sincere regards

Sincerely yours
RAKESH PANDEY