Faculty positions

Eleanor Maine emmaine at syr.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:43:36 EST 2003

Syracuse University
Departments of Biology, Chemistry, & Physics
Joint Hiring Initiative for Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in Cell=20
Signaling/Cell Regulation
The Departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics at Syracuse=20
University invite applications for four tenure-track positions to be=20
filled by July 2004.=A0 These positions are open at all levels from=20
Assistant Professor to Professor.=A0 We seek individuals who will=20
establish strong, competitive research programs in areas relevant to=20
some aspects of cell signaling/cell regulation as appropriate to each=20
of the participating departments. In addition, successful candidates=20
will be expected to establish strong teaching programs at the=20
undergraduate and graduate level.=A0 Ample opportunities for research=20
collaboration exist at Syracuse University and at our neighboring=20
institution, the State University of New York-Upstate Medical=20
University, whose labs are just two blocks from Syracuse University.=A0

The three participating Departments are in the early stages of=20
significant hiring.=A0 Nine new faculty were hired in the past three=20
years, and we expect to hire 26-28 new faculty members by 2009.=A0 More=20=

detailed information about the specific positions available in each=20
department as well as faculty research programs may be found using the=20=

following website.

http://cell-signaling.syr.edu

Applicants should forward a curriculum vitae, a description of past=20
research accomplishments, a clearly focused description of his/her=20
proposed future research goals, and a statement of teaching interests,=20=

either by mail or as an attachment to an e-mail.=A0 We also request that=20=

the applicant arrange to have at least three letters of reference=20
sent.=A0 Please include the name, address, phone number and e-mail=20
addresses of your references in your letter of application.=A0 The=20
positions will be open until filled; review of applications will begin=20=

September 15, 2003.

Applications and reference letters should be submitted to:
Chair, Faculty Search Committee
Department of Biology or Chemistry or Physics
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244

e-mail addresses:
Biology: biosearch at cas.syr.edu
Chemistry: chemchair at cas.syr.edu
Physics: chair at physics.syr.edu

Syracuse University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer=20=

with a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse=20
workforce.