Update/Thanks - "Brittle" OP50

Andrew Spencer aspencer at biochem.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 3 10:47:49 EST 2003

Thanks for all the suggestions on my new lab/brittle OP50 problem.
Although I was using 50% of the classical KPO4 buffer, that didn't
seem to be the problem.  When I used Eric Lambie's NGM Lite (see
WBG), the OP50 went back to it's old, soft self.  I also made a batch
of regular NGM w/ 1/10th the normal amount of Ca++ added, and those
were fine as well.  I never made plates in the lab I was in
previously, and I'm making my own here.  So just a rookie mistake, I
guess.

Thanks again,

Andy

Andrew G. Spencer, Ph.D.