Teaching posters at the 2003 International C. elegans Meeting

Jim Lissemore jlissemore at jcu.edu
Fri Mar 7 12:27:03 EST 2003

The deadline for submitting abstracts for the 2003 International C.
elegans Meeting is approaching so I want to take this opportunity to ask
for submission of abstracts that deal with the use of C. elegans in
teaching (abstract deadline is midnight on Thursday, March 27, 2003,
U.S. East Coast time).  Abstracts for teaching posters will be submitted
using the same mechanism for submitting research poster abstracts. Be
sure to check "Teaching" on the list of keyword topics when you submit
your abstract.

I ask that anyone using C. elegans in any aspect of teaching (lecture,
lab, or other) consider making a poster to maximize exposure and
dissemination of ideas at the meeting.  Please don't think that your
uses of C. elegans in teaching may be too simple to share; your "simple"
idea may not have occurred to everyone!  I have requested that the
teaching posters be grouped together in the abstract book and at the
poster session where they may stay up for the length of the meeting
(this has not yet been finalized).

If you presented a teaching poster at a previous International C.
elegans
Meeting, I ask you to consider updating your poster or even presenting
the original poster if it has not been updated.  Teaching ideas are
rarely
published so "recycling" a poster will likely present your ideas to at
least some folks who did not see it at a previous meeting.

I would also appreciate if anyone considering presenting a teaching
poster would let me know so that I can get a rough count of the number
of teaching posters.

Finally, a teaching workshop is also being planned for the meeting.
Details will follow at a later date.

--Jim

--
Jim Lissemore